It is your right to be treated as a human being by another human being as they would wish to be treated themselves, i.e. with dignity, politeness, respect and consideration. Further information about your rights can be found on the the NHS website..
Patients have certain responsibilities:
- To arrive on time for their appointment. If you are unable to keep your appointment please advise us
- Treat all health staff in a reasonable, courteous manner
- Use emergency services sensibly
- Take care of medicines. Medicines are for the person they are prescribed for and should not be shared. Any unwanted/unused medicines should be returned to a pharmacy for disposal
- Keep the practice informed of any change of name, address, telephone number or mobile number
- Keep young children in your care under constant supervision and ensure they behave appropriately while on practice premises.
- As patients you are responsible for your own health and that of any dependants. It is important that you adhere to any advice or information given to you by a health professional.