Your Data, Privacy and the Law
How we use your Medical Records
This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with the care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the Shared Care Summary Record, which you have access to.
- We may share some of your data with local out of hours/urgent or emergency care service.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical Cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually de-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illness, or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research
- Patient Identification
- Care Quality Commission
- Direct Care - Routine care & referrals
- Direct Care - Emergencies
- National Screening Programs
- NHS Digital
- Public Health
- Summary Care Record
- Connecting Your Care Privacy Notice